Monday, May 2, 2011

In Florida

Hey Reader(s).

I am currently in Florida and have been since April 23rd, 2011 at around 6:00pm! Three friends and I drove down from Ontario to Florida in about two days or less. My parents own a house in the Orlando area, so we go down a lot, and thats where we're staying. Its about a 20 minute drive to Disney, and about 30 minutes from Florida Mall (a great mall btw).

We've gone to Animal Kingdom (my least favourite park because of the a Bugs Life ride that punches you in the back !), Hollywood Studio's (one of my favourites because there is a star wars store AND a star wars ride except it was closed when we were there), Cocoa Beach (we went on Friday when the shuttle launch was originally scheduled, just as we were pulling in we heard on the radio that it was postponed to Monday, talk about a dissappointment :P), Magic Kingdom, and tomorrow we're going to Universal Studios / Islands of Adventure.

Yesterday was Magic Kingdom, meaning a sunday, we got there at around 9:30 and didn't leave until 11 that night! Most time when my family comes to Florida we don't stay too long in the Disney parks because we've seen it before, and don't like to wait long for rides.

The fireworks has changed!!! If anyone hasn't gone in the past few years, GO because they're adding a NEW section to Magic Kingdom which will be open next year! AND they changed the fireworks. I don't know how long ago they changed them, but hot potatoes it was quite exciting.

We don't normally wait for the fireworks, just because afterwords its a HUGE effort to get out of the park since everyone else wants to too!

The park wasn't very busy, being a sunday and that its an off season. The most we waited for a ride was 30 minutes and even then it was a little faster. We even went on a few rides twice because it the lines were so small. I even went on a few rides that I'd never been on before, like the Snow White and Peter Pan and Buzz Lightyear ride. That was a lot of fun!

Anyways, tomorrow is UNIVERSAL aka HARRY POTTER! I went at Christmas, and it was the coolest thing EVER. I regret not buying a Voldemort wand so when I go tomorrow I'm getting his wand. :D

I love Voldemort.

HE IS SEXY AND DON'T YOU DARE DENY IT! :P

I'll add pictures when I get back some time! We drive back on Thursday and expect to be home Friday night. However, this past week there's been crazy tornado storms in the southern east states so AH THATS SCARY! I hope there aren't any tornados like that when we drive up.

Love,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments!